Capture My Vermont book Terms
Capture My Vermont Specific Product Copyright Terms
We want to assure Users that this Contest is not intended as a "rights grab." By submitting Your photos You are granting a limited license to Us to use the photos and give You proper attribution, as described herein. If We wish to use the photos for other purposes, We will request permission from You at that time.
By submitting to the Contest Website ("We" or "us") the attached photograph(s), text, or other materials (the "Materials"), You acknowledge that Our Terms of Service, including these Copyright Terms, apply to Your submission and Our use of the Materials. You retain all right, title and interest in the Materials, and any rights not granted herein are reserved to You.
- We may now or in the future permit users to post, upload, transmit through, or otherwise make available on the Contest Website (collectively, "submit") messages, text, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, information, content, and/or other materials ( "Materials"). Subject to the rights and license you grant herein, you retain all right, title and interest in your Materials. We do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to Materials even if it is not published on the Contest Website. It is solely your responsibility to monitor and protect any intellectual property rights that you may have in your Materials, and we do not accept any responsibility for the same.
- You shall not submit any Materials protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the respective right. You are solely liable for any damage resulting from your failure to obtain such permission or from any other harm resulting from Materials that you submit.
- You will not submit any Materials that:
- violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any person or entity;
- impersonates another or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, pornographic, or otherwise objectionable;
- encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law;
- is an advertisement for goods or services or a solicitation of funds;
- includes personal information such as messages which identify phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references;
- contains a formula, instruction, or advice that could cause harm or injury; or
- is a chain letter of any kind.
- Moreover, any conduct by a user that in our sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Contest Website will not be permitted.
- By submitting Materials to us, simultaneously with such posting, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner has expressly granted to Us a limited, royalty-free, non-exclusive, non-revocable, worldwide right to copy, edit, adapt, distribute, perform, display, and/or use, the Materials, including any derivative works or translations created from the Materials, in whole or in part, as we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate, for specific use in the Capture My Vermont book and promotion of the Capture My Vermont Contest and Capture My Vermont book.
- By submitting Materials, you also grant us the right, but not the obligation to use your biographical information including, without limitation, your name in connection with Capture My Vermont book and promotion of the Capture My Vermont Contest and Capture My Vermont book.
- We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor Materials. We have the right in our sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever to edit, refuse to post, remove, or disable access to any Materials.
- You represent that You are at least 18 years old, or that You and Your parent or legal guardian hereby agree, that You have the right to grant Us all the rights granted herein and that the Materials are Your original work and are not owned by or exclusively licensed to any other person or entity. You also represent that the Materials, the creation of the Materials, and the use of the Materials do not violate any law or regulation and do not infringe the rights of any person or entity, including, but not limited to, any copyright or trademark rights and/or rights of privacy or publicity. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Us, the Contest Website host, the Sponsors, Our parent company, affiliates and licensees, from any loss, claim, damage or expense arising from the use of the Materials or Your breach of this Agreement, including the above representations.
- You understand and agree that You will not have any right of approval over the use of the Materials pursuant to this Agreement and You will not receive any additional compensation as a result of any use of the Materials or the rights granted pursuant to this agreement beyond the Contest prize opportunities, publicity and exposure You and Your Materials will receive through the Capture My Vermont book, Capture My Vermont and promotion of the Capture My Vermont book web site. You also understand and agree that nothing in this agreement obligates Us to use the Materials. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Us and You with respect to the subject matter of the agreement and supersedes all previous and contemporaneous agreements, proposals and communications, written or oral. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to conflicts of law principles.
We encourage You to read a bit more about Your rights.
Details on the copyright agreement for the Capture My Vermont book.